NYC Mixology and Food Tours
What is NYC Mixology tours? This is not a term I have heard in Sabah before. Mixology is another term for mixing drinks or bartending and a Mixologist is another term for a bartender.
According to About.com, “Mixology has become a more common used term in recent years and is generally accepted to be a refined, higher study of mixing cocktails and drinks than the everyday actions of bartender.”
In plain speech, it is a food and drink tour in New York City. In some cases, the tour is a wine tasting tour and may include wine pairing with cheese. The place in which the tasting is hosted could be a wine shop or a restaurant in various corners of New York city.
It is a great way to experience good wines, cheese and other other beverages. Plus you get to visit establishments that only New Yorkers know about. This is the reason why many of us travel, to visit and taste food and drinks that are unavailable here.
What Does NYC Mixology Tours Involves?
There are many available types of Mixology tours in New York city, from cheese, to wine to tea tasting. Mixology is commonly referred to mixing drinks, alcoholic drinks but it can also be used to refer to non-alcoholic drinks.
Mixology tours are short tours around New York city, lasting a few short hours, either in the afternoon or in the evening. A typical tour might take 2 hours and cost less than US$100 per person.
Here are some examples of NYC Mixology tours:
Italian Cheese and Wine
Italy is home to more than 600 indigenous grapes and over 400 cheeses, these two Italian specialties just makes your mouth water. During this two hour class, you will get to sample the best cheeses that Italy has to offer, from nutty pecorino to creamy caprino, each expertly paired with a delicious Italian wine.
- Sample a variety of the finest Italian cheeses, including pecorini, caprini, and formaggi a latte di mucca
- Enjoy an expertly paired wine tasting
- Learn how each region produces products as unique as the region itself
French Cheese and Wine
Explore the wonders of the French countryside by tasting some of France’s most flavorful cheeses and wines. You will learn why pairing cheese and wine from the same region can produce such exquisite flavors, and why soft cheese can go so well with champagne.
- Taste some of France’s most delicious cheese and wine
- Discover why cheese and wine from the same region pair so nicely
- Learn what makes the culinary history of France so rich
Pairing Tea and Cheese
You can do a non-alcoholic tasting tour, such as Pairing Tea and Cheese. People have been enjoying a cup of tea for centuries, and enjoy cheese as well. You get to see how tea is brewed and enjoyed internationally.
- Walk through tea’s bold and nuanced flavors, from White Peony to Oolongs
- Pair the flavors of tea with classic Murray’s cheeses
- Learn from both a tea and a cheese expert
- Enjoy an herbal and cheesy night of noshing
The Easiest Way To Find NYC Mixology Tours
The quickest way I know of finding a NYC Mixology tour is to use Vimbly.com. Go to this page for Mixology NYC, http://www.vimbly.com/mixology-tasting-nyc. The tours are arranged according to your tastes, budget, and location. Easily see what is available, where the tour is located, the schedule and make the booking online.
You can do this without having to pre-book and find one that suits your schedule. It is an interesting experience and foodies ought to give this a go.
Getting to New York From Kota Kinabalu
There are no direct flights from Kota Kinabalu International Airport to New York, JFK Airport. I do not think there are any direct or indirect flights from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to New York JFK as well.
For this destination, you have to fly with Singapore Airlines. The flight will go from Singapore Changi Airport to France, and then from France to New York, JFK Airport. Total flight time of just over 25 hours.
Malaysian Visa Requirements For United States
According to the official visa information website of the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, http://www.ustraveldocs.com, travelers to the US will most typically need a Nonimmigrant Visa to visit the US.
“A nonimmigrant visa is used by tourists, business people, students, or specialty workers who wish to stay for a particular period of time in the United States to accomplish specific purposes. According to U.S. visa laws and regulations, most nonimmigrant visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary stay.”
The Visa Application Process
- Apply For Nonimmigrant Visa
- Pay the Visa fee of US$160 – different fees apply depending on the visa
- You have to pay your fee at any Standard Chartered Bank
- Complete the DS-160 form
- You will need to create a profile in their system
- Schedule an appointment for your interview
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States
- If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application
- Your visa application fee payment receipt from Standard Chartered Bank
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Your e-mail address
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class
Now that you have gotten your visa and air ticket all sorted out, take off to New York for a long holiday and enjoy some NYC Mixology Tours.
- Escapade Party Bus In San Diego
- Terracotta Warriors Tours From Beijing
- China Tours: Beijing To Xian Tours
- New York New York
- China Visa For US Citizens
Tags: food tours, New York, wine tour