Sultanahmet: The Old City Of Istanbul, Turkey
Turkey is a fascinating country, filled with historical significance since the time of Alexander The Great. For those who have an interest in Antiquity, this place has been around for a long time. You get to visit the old places of antiquity that you read of in the books.
One of the oldest place you can visit is Sultanahmet, also referred to as the Historical Peninsula and Walled City. With a history that reaches back to the year 600 BC, this peninsula was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
If you have the opportunity to visit this old city, you can find Sultanahmet hotels here.
Sultanahmet – The Ancient City
Sultanahmet is the old city of Istanbul, this is the part of the city that used to be called Constantinople. Constantinople was the capital city of the Roman, Byzantine, Latin, and the Ottoman empires.
Places To Visit In Sultanahmet Istanbul
Istanbul’s geographical location makes it unique, it is the only city in the world that spans two continents, making it the gateway to Asia and Europe.
- Hagia Sophia – is the one of the most visited museums and most prominent monuments in the world in terms of art and the history of architecture.
- Blue Mosque – this huge mosque in Istanbul was built following the Peace of Zsitvatorok (1606) and the result of the wars with Persia, by Sultan Ahmed I.
- Topkapi Palace – the residence of the Ottoman sultans, also the administrative and educational center of the state. Initially constructed between 1460 and 1478 by Sultan Mehmed II, the conqueror of Constantinople.
- Basilica Cistern – located in the crowded Eminönü district of Istanbul next to the Hagia Sophia, was built to provide water for the city of Istanbul during the reign of Emperor Justinian I in the 6th century CE.
- Galata Tower – it is claimed that it was built during the reign of the Byzantine Emperor, Iustinianos in 507 CE.
- Grand Bazaar – is one of the largest covered markets in the world with 60 streets and 5,000 shops. It is well known for its jewellery, hand-painted ceramics, carpets, embroideries, spices and antique shops.
Premist Hotel – Sultanahmet Istanbul
Premist Hotel is located in the center of the historical peninsula of Istanbul. Only meters away from the city walls of Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia. While Sultanahmet Square and Hippodrome are only a short walk away.
The hotel is beautifully designed in keeping with Ottoman culture and historical aspect of the location. It is in turn luxurious and modern, with lovely accents of the Ottoman lifestyle. You will definitely be well taken care of.
Getting There From Malaysia
Malaysia Airlines fly direct from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Istanbul. Check with Malaysia Airlines for the best prices.
Malaysian Visa Requirements
For Malaysian citizens, no Visa is required to enter Turkey on a social visit for a period of stay of 90 days. Make sure your Malaysian passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
Modern Turkey is a democracy. It straddles Asia and Europe, and has a temperate Mediterranean climate. Like Malaysia, the Turkish Constitution provides for freedom of religion with Islam being the dominant religion in Turkey.
Looking for hotel in Istanbul or Sultanahmet? Visit www.premisthotels.com.
- Australian Road Builders in North Borneo
- Cabo Hotels: Los Cabos Vacation In Mexico
- Spa Hotel: Find A Spa Hotel To Relax
- Apartments: Apartments in Valencia
- Indian Holiday Packages For Interpid Traveler
Tags: Istanbul, Sultanahmet, Turkey